Kinds of hosting services
A hosting solution includes keeping and/or sharing particular content on a web server hosted by a hosting supplier. There are various kinds of hosting services used for various ends, so let's take a look at these. Doing so, you can pick what you need, based on whether you wish to launch a website, e-mailbox accounts, or to share files with comrades and associates.
- File hosting: a service provided by given hosts, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to see .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a particular interval of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
These days, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a totally twisted interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting environment would distribute the tasks at hand between autonomous packs of web servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to serving miscellaneous hosting services (mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting service for pictures only. This hosting variant is good if you wish to share an enormous quantity of pics with pals or colleagues since the service is typically free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to administering your mailbox accounts. Some suppliers offer web space hosting solutions for websites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you want to own an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create email mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video, or you can embed the video in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip produces a given amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video clips and several hundred website viewers, you may have difficulty with your web page hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will permit you to utilize as many video clips as you wish without hassling about system reserves.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you require if you desire to run a website. To some degree, it encompasses all of the aforementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and e-mails, upload video clips, and so on. At JRC Hosting Services, for example, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've settled on - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are planned for particular content exclusively.